11.01.2007

Portfolio: Model

When starting the model I focused around the "progressional" and layering aspects of what I wanted to create/have dialogue about. Which turned out to be the 25% aspect of the program as well. In two parts, I worked on the vertical movement with in the store as well as the a connection to Copley Square. The vertical movement would be this enclosed yet extremely open "people mover", and I wanted to take an element of the store outside to the square. I believe that both of these ideas work well with one of the first concepts: Layering. The angled 'people mover' presented itself with some logistical issues as well as circulation patterns. The latter I am very pleased with. The purpose of the elevated public platform is two-fold: it brings the store to the square as well as the square to the store.

No comments: