Before the apple:
"Focus on dissecting perspectives and deriving the spatial construct required to allow the perspectives to “occur”.
The semester revolved around creating a three dimensional space from experience, feeling and perception.
The stark contrast of calmness and business is almost lost when there is context. The context here is the sleeping BB7 cast member. Usually, when two conflicting concepts are joined into one frame one of the two is more dominant. The image to the left is perceived calmness and the image to the right, with the context removed, is very busy, drawing the eye all over the place.
The Apple Store at Copley Square
Activity: The first day of the intensive period will culminate in a 2 hour visit to the Apple Store located in the Cambridgeside Galleria.
Purpose: To provide you with a first hand experience of “the program” for the semesters design project. The different “zones” within the Apple Store Cambridgeside (i.e. checkout, merchandise display, kid’s play area, theatre, genius bar, etc.) will represent 75% of the program for the project. You will determine the remaining 25% of the program. Any program is acceptable, provided that the logic behind the selection is clearly and adequately explained.
Homework: Formulate a conceptual notion (i.e. a narrative – text or image based) that will drive the development of the design project. This notion should include speculations about the “remaining 25%”.
The Apple store design below illustrates the experience and opportunities to "visually shop"
Before the apple:
Posted by Ken Ballard at 6:09 PM
- The American Institute of Architects
- AIA Las Vegas
- Suzana Rutar, Architect
- IECC COMcheck-web
- LA Dodgers
- Things to read
- Drivers, start your engines...
- Science is COOL!!!
- The City Tower
- Slovenian World Confrence - Architects and Builders from Slovenia and the World
- architectural studies library UNLV
- ASL Blog
- UNLV Bridge Studio