1.02.2007

an open invite create account

Come one, come all. As many of you know I have started my studies at the BAC in pursuit of my M. Arch. This site will contain the majority of my work at the BAC, and will serve as the link between students and instructors over the next eight weeks and from what I can tell, the through completion of the degree.

Here at my 'Blog' all is on the table for thoughts, comments, reactions, critique, etc. I would like all who visit this site put their two cents in. This BLOG is not only for the use of my fellow students and instructors but to also get outside comments. Comments from outside the "architectural community" are valued by me because there is an added depth that is not always voiced; that is the end user and the general public. The general public will always have comments and very rarely have a platform to be heard. I would like to see this Blog become that plat form.

The BAC blog, Distance M.Arch Blog!, is where our course calendar, assignments, other student blog pages and readings can be found.

In order for your comments to make the page you will need to create an account. This account can be set up by following this link: Create an account. Just follow the steps and you will be all set.

2 comments:

Herb Childress said...

I think that the idea of getting public input on your architectural thinking is vastly important. All too often, designers wind up talking mostly with (or to, or at) other designers in a kind of coded language that the rest of the world finds opaque or grotesque. It's kind of like bodybuilders -- those who are part of that community find their efforts beautiful and commendable, and the rest of us just look on in horror. Can we ensure that architecture doesn't become another insular in-group?

Peter James DeIuliis said...

Excellent introduction Ken...I just got back from Vegas.. Wow!!...I am sure you will bring a unique perspective to this part of the world.....can't wait.