1.01.2007

More Info about me

Hi, my name is, my name is ...
(sorry couldn't help myself)

I answer to about anything. My wife calls me Kenny, my boss switches from Ken and Kenny and my co-workers call me Ken. Kenneth is what my mother and sister call me. When at the office I use Ken, but all my paperwork is signed Kenneth. Whatever is more convenient for you is good.

My firm, well Suzana's firm, contracts many different types of work. Just recently I have completed two small residential communities for Suzana. We have also finished up some entitlement work for a 15 story office/residential tower, and in the coming weeks our construction document phase is expected to start. This past year has been a bit odd in the way of signed jobs... We signed four or five large custom residential projects that we will hopefully have all completed in the next few weeks for submittal. We have done everything from large warehouses to office complexes to the every day TI jobs that seem to add up to several a week. Also, a large part of the contracts are entitlements, from Use Permits to Non-conforming Zone Changes. If I had to pick one area that we specialize in I would have to say shell office and then completion of the interior build-out for the end user.

My passion is providing spaces for the public. Places that are destination nodes, places that make people look around the corner in anticipation and explore their surroundings. I think that we will have an opportunity to develop those ideas with that 15 story 'City Tower' job as the City of Henderson has deemed the site as the gateway to their downtown.

As far the as the energy efficient methods... I have taken the initiative to starting designing with tankless water heaters in all residential and in commercial projects when I can convince the owners that it is really a cost/conservation effective item. Of course, we utilize Low-E glazing, zoning for the HVAC, and proper glazing orientation. The local government entities seem to have all gone to LEED (green buildings), but getting the private developers to turn green is still a challenge. From what I have read so far it appears that we will get a lesson or two about green building envelopes and then I can take that back to the developers and engineers and put it into practice.

until later...

No comments: